Shafter Real Estate
Shafter CA Real Estate: A Guide for Buyers and Seller\s
Shafter is a small city in Kern County, located about 18 miles northwest of Bakersfield. It is a growing community with a rich history, a diverse economy, and a friendly atmosphere. Shafter offers a variety of real estate options for buyers and sellers, ranging from affordable starter homes to luxurious estates. Whether you are looking for a rural retreat, a suburban oasis, or an urban convenience, you can find it in Shafter.
Shafter Real Estate Market Overview
According to the latest data from Realtor, the median listing home price in Shafter was $325,000 in December 2021, up 8.3% year-over-year. The median listing home price per square foot was $191. The median sold price was $320,000, up 10.3% year-over-year.
The Shafter real estate market is moderately competitive, with an average of 43 days on the market. Some of the hottest neighborhoods in Shafter are Shafter Airport, Shafter Cotton Oil, and Shafter Minter Field.
The Shafter real estate market offers a mix of homes, condos, and land for sale. As of January 2022, there were 25 properties for sale, including 21 single-family homes, 2 mobile homes, and 2 land lots. The property types and prices vary depending on the location, size, condition, and amenities of the property.
Shafter Real Estate Trends and Tips
If you are interested in buying or selling a property in Shafter, here are some trends and tips to keep in mind:
- Shafter is a stable market, with steady demand and supply of properties. The prices are relatively affordable compared to the state and national averages, making it an attractive option for buyers and investors. The inventory is low, but not too low, creating a balanced market for buyers and sellers.
- Shafter is a rural market, with a high percentage of agricultural land and open space. The population is low, but growing, with a projected growth rate of 9.4% from 2020 to 2025. The average commute time is 22 minutes, and the nearest major city is Bakersfield, about 20 minutes away by car. If you are looking for a quiet and spacious setting, Shafter is a good choice. However, if you prefer more urban amenities and services, you may want to look elsewhere.
- Shafter is a diverse market, with a variety of architectural styles and features. You can find homes that reflect the history and culture of the area, such as farmhouses, bungalows, and cottages. You can also find homes that offer modern amenities and designs, such as solar panels, quartz countertops, and hardwood floors. You can also find homes that have views of the fields, the mountains, or both.
Shafter Real Estate Attractions and Amenities
Shafter is not only a great place to buy or sell a property, but also a great place to live and enjoy. Here are some of the attractions and amenities that Shafter has to offer:
- Shafter Historical Museum: The Shafter Historical Museum is a place to learn about the history and heritage of Shafter and the surrounding area. The museum features exhibits, artifacts, photos, and documents that showcase the development of Shafter from a railroad town to a farming community. The museum also hosts events and programs throughout the year, such as lectures, tours, and festivals.
- Minter Field Air Museum: The Minter Field Air Museum is a place to explore the aviation history and legacy of Shafter and the Kern County. The museum displays aircraft, engines, uniforms, memorabilia, and models that relate to the Minter Field, which was a military airfield during World War II. The museum also offers rides, demonstrations, and educational activities for visitors of all ages.
- Shafter Recreation and Park District: The Shafter Recreation and Park District is a place to enjoy the outdoors and recreation in Shafter. The district operates and maintains several parks, facilities, and programs for the community, such as playgrounds, sports fields, swimming pools, trails, and classes. The district also organizes events and activities throughout the year, such as concerts, movies, and camps.
- Shafter Depot Plaza: The Shafter Depot Plaza is a place to shop, dine, and socialize in Shafter. The plaza is a renovated train station that features a variety of businesses, such as restaurants, cafes, boutiques, and salons. The plaza also hosts events and entertainment throughout the year, such as farmers markets, art shows, and live music.
- Bakersfield: Bakersfield is the nearest major city to Shafter, about 20 minutes away by car. It is the county seat of Kern County and the ninth-largest city in California. It has a diverse economy and culture, with industries such as agriculture, oil, aerospace, and entertainment. It has a downtown area that features museums, theaters, parks, and restaurants. It also has several shopping centers, such as the Valley Plaza Mall, the Marketplace, and the Outlets at Tejon. It also hosts several events and festivals throughout the year, such as the Bakersfield Jazz Festival, the Kern County Fair, and the Bakersfield Christmas Parade.
Shafter Real Estate Conclusion
Shafter is a small and growing city in Kern County, offering a range of real estate options and a variety of recreational activities. Whether you are looking for a rural retreat, a suburban oasis, or an urban convenience, you can find it in Shafter. If you are interested in buying or selling a property in Shafter, contact a local real estate agent today and get started on your journey.
Shafter Listings Summary
Shafter - Town vs. County Stats
Avg Price in Shafter: $592,100 / County Avg $434,900
Avg Sq. Ft. in Shafter: 1,983 / County Avg 1,838
Avg Price per/sqft in Shafter:$299 / County Avg $237
Avg Walkscore in Shafter: 11 / County Avg 37
Avg Year Built in Shafter: 2008 / County Avg 1983
Avg Days on Website in Shafter: 31 / County Avg 67